Upgrade Coming for WSU Libraries’ Search It
WSU Libraries’ catalog, Search It, will be upgraded on June 28, offering new features to improve user experience.
Changes include the following:
- New records will populate into the catalog much more quickly
- Item availability windows will load faster
- An auto-complete feature will help users complete search queries and/or suggest topics
- The Search-Inside feature will allow users to search for articles within journal titles
- The Journals Browse feature will incorporate both print and electronic materials
- There will be better control over how search results are ranked, so certain record types, such as articles, books, and e-books, will be boosted and surface higher in search results.
Saved data in Search It will be impacted by the upgrade. Search history is no longer being stored by the vendor and therefore will not be migrated. Items added to My Favorites > Saved Searches will also not be migrated. Items added to My Favorites > Saved Records will transfer for each patron.
“Software upgrades are commonplace, and the next update for Search It will make using the tool easier and quicker,” said WSU Libraries Associate Dean Beth Blakesley. “If you use the Saved Searches function, you will need to save those before June 28 so that you can reload them after the upgrade.”
For a video walkthrough on saving searches before the upgrade, please refer to the WSU Libraries webpage.