Travel Information for Library Employees

Travel Process/Prior Approval

Prior approval is required for ALL official University travel in order for the traveler to be eligible:  For employees this also is required in order to be covered under WSU’s worker’s compensation insurance while in travel status.  To receive reimbursement for authorized and allowable expenses (see BPPM 95.05).

Please fill out the Travel Authority Form (PDF) to obtain approval.

Travel Resources


  • WSU Motor Pool Rates
    • Please work with Jenny Yoshikawa to reserve a pool car.
  • Private Auto Mileage:  When using a personal vehicle, travelers are reimbursed for vehicle miles only at the applicable Travel Rate.
  • Rental Car:  Anyone traveling on official WSU business may use the State contract with Enterprise/National Rent-A-Car. To make reservations, use the corporate contract number found on the WSU Enterprise / National Rent-A-Car Program Summary. If you do not book using the contract number you will not be covered and will be personally liable for any claims.  When making an airline reservation, the travel agent can also make the reservation using the state contract rate for you and include this on your airline ticket.

Travel Forms