Starting on May 12, the WSU community will see a number of improvements and increased functionality within Search It. Listed below are an explanation of these changes:
- Permalinks will let you copy and paste a link from Search It to your notes, paper, or any document you may be working on. This gives you a shortcut directly back to the Search It record.
- Citation formatting will become much easier. Search It will format citations into APA, MLA, and Chicago / Turabian, which you will be able to copy and paste into a document. (Remember, that any citation tool will make frequent mistakes. Always check for mistakes.)
- Improved presentation of availability status of items, correcting a glitch in previous versions of Search It.
- Deep-linking to the e-journal A to Z list.
- Local notes for items will now appear in Search It. This will facilitate improved searching for archival and other local items within the Alliance.